Monday, January 4, 2010

Woo HOO!

Today started at 4 a.m., then stopped at 4:15 when I couldn't get on line to go to work. Then re-started at 7 a.m. Not a great start to the week, but I managed. The kids were even relatively easy to get up and out the door despite the pouring down rain. Ugh.

I realized today that since I am going to start watching M and B's little sister (S) and brother (G) on Tuesdays, that I should probably make an attempt at baby proofing the house. Wow, and literally just the other day I was looking at my house plants and being thankful that I could leave them on the floor without someone trying to take a nibble at them. Anywho, baby proofing started with de-Christmasafying the living room. Now, I admit, this wasn't exactly a sad realization. I have had a tougher time every year actually leaving the stuff up for the entire 12 days of Christmas and this year has been the hardest so far. I think it has to do with having way too much in my living room to start with, then adding a tree and such, well, there just isn't breathing room, shall we say. So, dropping M and B off at their dad's, N and L and I came home and made a decent dent in the decor. I left the Nativity out, as the Kings haven't reached their destination yet. And I couldn't bring myself to put the snowmen away, seeing as that may be as close to snow as we get this year...

As I sit here writing this, trying to ignore the movie that is blaring right outside my office, the Christmas lights (yeah, that's J's job) blinking in my window and the fact that I am making frozen chicken nuggets with Ramen for dinner, again - I remember that my New Year's resolution this year is to try and be a happier person. Now, so far, my attempts at this have been based on being thankful for everything I have and forcing myself to be happy about it. I should be happy, dammit, look at everything that I have! But I also realize that being happy shouldn't something I have to force on myself. Case in point. I just posted my resolution on my friend's Facebook site. I was so proud to have a viable resolution this year that I typed "Woo Hooo!" at the end of my post and was surprised to find that I was left feeling a bit giddy! So that is my new motto. Woo HOO!! Come on Year, I can take it! Better yet, I want it!!

No comments: