Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sauerkraut, mmmmmmm!

Jeff left for Phoenix yesterday morning and I SURVIVED! Just for the record, if anyone out there thinks they can take advantage of the fact that my husband is not home.... ha ha HA!

Spent the morning, actually, the whole day playing with S and G, my new godchild and his older sister. Last week, I got there and had two hours to myself before anyone woke up. This time it was constant kidlet time. They tag teamed at first, but then quickly decided to gang up on me instead. By 2:45 I found that I was walking around in circles not knowing what to do with them anymore....so I plopped them in the stroller and we went for a walk.

I got to dress them in the ponchos I made them for Christmas, which was good for my tattered ego. S, of course, stayed in the stroller for as long as it took to buckle her brother in, but she is a surprisingly quick little thing, even in her froggy boots. So cute! She puddle stomped and picked up leaves, petted moss and drug tree branches behind her. G ended up falling asleep as we crossed the street back to the house, so he ended up with a record 2 minute nap after I broke the very first baby law and tried to move him back into the house. Next time I am wheeling the whole dang contraption into the house!

As Jeff was gone, it fell to me to make sure that N got to basketball practice last night. But first we had dinner with Jerry. He brought over sauerkraut and pork. Yup, if anything ever screamed "ANTI CHILD DINNER" that would be the one. But ketchup and several threats before he arrived, saved the day! Even N ate everything with not a SINGLE complaint. If that dinner had been my whole day, that singular fact would have made it the best day EVER! Alas, there was still basketball. Started off by getting him there 1/2 an hour late (I thought that was when it started...).Then the fact that ALL of us had to go, well, lots of unhappiness. And apparently I was a bit out of line for not allowing them to wander the halls?! Then practice went over by 1/2 an hour. (Sigh)

But once we got home, N got showered and everyone else got into bed, I was able to shoot a quick text off to my absent husband (ahh, how romantic) and head to bed myself. But not before I got a text from S and G's parents, "just checking to see if you are doing okay, you seemed a little stressed." (bigger sigh)

This blog is beginning to sound like a whining board. Let it be known that I am darn proud of myself for getting all of this done. Yes, I have a lot of room for improvement, but N ate sauerkraut for goodness sakes!! What more can I realistically expect from one day?!

No comments: