Monday, October 25, 2010

Update on my Faith

Okay, so officially I started this whole thing on Friday and it wasn't quite as hard as I imagined it would be, although I didn't exactly leave the house, I couldn't really get out of bed. My back decided to flare up and I was unable to do much other than hobble down the hall to get them up and then hobble back to bed.  They did pretty well. Of course, we let them buy lunch so that made it a bit easier for them. The only thing that didn't get done is that I didn't get a chance to check them off for teeth, chores, etc...but not bad for a first day.  Today, Monday, was a bit of a different story. It is only a half day so they were a bit distracted planning what they were going to do when they got home. Lydia came out on top, but only because I messed up and reminded her that she still needed to do a chore after she came in gloating that she was all done.  I didn't give her credit for the chore, but since i messed up too, I gave her one for her bed even though I know she could have done a better job.  Everyone else blew off teeth brushing and chores and one unlucky child went to school without a lunch (they provide them one at school, it just isn't exciting). So I was a bit disappointed to say the least, but hopefully I didn't go off too much. I don't think I did. I know it could have been much worse on my part...Sigh. Jeff leaves today for a business trip in Arizona, not to return until Wednesday. I am going to try really hard to keep this up while he is gone. Today I hid in the bathroom (taking a shower and actually blow drying my hair) because, I'm sorry, but it was POURING outside.  And I think I am getting a cold....

No comments: