Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ben!

Today is Ben's 10th birthday. Officially a double digit dude! Wow. I try not to go down the this-makes-me-feel-so-old road, as that gets tiresome with four kids seemingly having constant birthdays...but I still can't believe how fast it is going.



We had a special treat for his birthday last night in that our old neighbor, Jerry, and his new wife, Sandi (whom we LOVE!) joined us for birthday dinner (chicken ravioli, pizza pockets, vegetable chips, salad and garlic bread) and cake (strawberry with strawberry ice cream). It was a really good time, reliving all our memories of when Jerry lived across the street. Hopefully Sandi doesn't hold it against us all... Or him!

It was quite a full day, actually. Jeff took three of the kids to church while I stayed home with Noah who was feeling a bit under the weather, then we came home and did some quick birthday cleaning and scarfed down some lunch while Jeff refinished part of the table so that we could use it for dinner that night. Then it was off to Jordan's house for his birthday party, nice to see all of his family again! Then back to our house to put the table back together and get the FAB-BoOO dinner ready.  Ben was a very gracious birthday boy, as were all of the kids, I was very proud of them. The table manners were without fault and dishes were cleared, vegetables were eaten and conversation was joined. Even the cats stayed out of trouble. This almost made a Thanksgiving dinner seem not completely out of reach....some day.




I did get a chance to get some craftiness in while the rest were at chuch and Noah was sleeping...say hello to my little ghostie troop....I had a little fun with my iphone, i'm really not that creative, or great, of a photographer.  I thought they turned out kinda cute, now I have to figure out how to store them without requiring a whole box of their own. Thank you to Sammi and Gabe for allowing me to use some of their ball pit balls to help in my creations....


One last bit for this post and I think I will be caught up.  Ben had his first Halloween party on Saturday, and despite having to call me early because he "wasn't feeling great", I think he had a good time. If nothing else, I am pretty darn sure that he was proud of himself for surviving it. Parts of it were "freaky scary, Mom!!". Apparently they did a really good job on the "Haunted Walk".... He, by the way, was "A Villan".  I think he nailed it.

No comments: