Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Random

Movie night. Obviously they didn't enjoy the film.
So, I have been getting up at 3-ish a.m. the past few mornings. Note I said "getting up". I have been waking up at around 2ish each morning, spending the next hour getting crankier and crankier and then finally jettisoning myself out of bed with a naughty word left in my wake (sorry, Jeff). But once I am up, I am so much happier! I make myself a cup of coffee and crawl into one of the prayer shawls that a dear lady-friend from church made for Jeff and I, cuddle up with the dog (who would like to crawl into the shawl but who is relegated to a mere, run-of-the-mill blanket) and read Psalms for an hour on the couch. I get the fire going and the cats calm down immediately. It is lovely! Just as I start to feel myself getting sleepy, my alarm goes off at 4:45 in my pocket and it is time to refill the coffee cup, feed the cats (who were hoping that I was going to feed them at 3) and then move into the office to get to work.  The crazy thing is, I have been in SUCH a better mood during the morning hours! Yes, even during breakfast!  I blame it on the prayer time. I tend to crash about noon, but so far I have had the chance to take a short nap to get through dinner time. After three days as such, I went to bed last night looking forward to my early morning time.

Unfortunately, the cats decided to push the envelope and woke me up at 1:20.

He'd better be careful or he will be heading to recycling with the box!
I'm sorry, God, but even with a National Geographic Magazine article on King David awaiting me, I could do no more than grab the spray bottle that I have taken to storing by my bed and send off a couple of poorly aimed squirts in the general direction of the cats.  I think I repeated that about every 15 minutes or so as they would come galumphing into my bedroom, careen across the tile floor and scrabble under the bed. I finally awoke to my alarm going off at 4:45, with the spray bottle still in my hand and crazy water marks all over the walls. Damn. The cats, of course, were curled up in matching balls on Jeff's side of the bed. Double Damn.

Needless to say, today I looked as if I have been getting up at 3 a.m. for the past year. I honestly love that color of deep indigo purple, the exact shade between sundown and twilight...just not underneath my eyes. Ugh.

I had to laugh later though, as the kids came dragging into the kitchen after a restless night trying to brave the wind storm. Oh? Did I not mention the wind storm? Yeah, that would be because I was so tired by the time I went to bed, I didn't give a flip.  The kids, however, must have had a harder time. We all looked like we had gone a few rounds in the boxing ring.

By the grace of God (and His nudging to drink that extra cup of coffee), I was able to safely make it to Montesano so see my Grandma. She is doing wonderfully and it did my heart good to see her finally interacting with the other residents, personnel and office staff.  She even took me around and introduced me to people.   She is so cute motoring down the hall in her wheelchair, just using her feet to propel her along.  From the back, she looks like she is just floating down the hall in her chair, her hands held relaxed in her lap. I thank God and my friends, family and people who I don't even know who have all been praying for her since July 3rd.

With Jeff in Miami this week, I am hoping that if I keep my week jam packed, it will go by quickly, though if I were him, after seeing pics of his hotel room, I don't think as that I would be in all that big of a hurry to come home, especially as it is right on the beach, and we are getting forecasts of snow for this weekend!

JOY!!!

No comments: