Friday, November 12, 2010

Ft Worden: Replay

So this is the third time that I have taken the kids up to Port Townsend to run around the Kinzie Battery at Ft. Worden. They absolutely love it, which kinda tickles me because I remember running around similar places when I was growing up in Astoria. They are dark, dank, and terrifically scary. SUPER fun! This time they wised up and brought flashlights and the makings for a game of Capture the Flag. I don't know that a single flashlight was used and the game was so strung out that it was hard to follow, but they had a blast. So did the dog. In fact, I would hazard to guess that this is probably one of the best field trips I could hope to conjure up as far as they were all concerned. We were only there for 45 minutes due to an open drawbridge on the way up and then we had to be in Pt Angeles on a time schedule, but thankfully, Lydia and Ben wandered into a rather deep puddle, soaking shoes, socks and pant legs just before I called time. Sigh, I think I had just as much fun watching them!



Mac's impression of the Hunchback of Kinzie Battery


Floki's "I'm King of the World!" pose. It was COLD!!
 
The culprit for our delayed arrival due to the open bridge. (Psst! its a submarine...)



This reminds me of a U2 album cover. I just told them to line up, they created the poses...and no one was allowed to look at me (Mac's rule).


I love these two pictures



Notice the brown blur in the foreground. He was having SO MUCH FUN just being one of the kids!


Yes, blurry, but I just couldn't delete it. This was as we had just gotten out of the car and he wanted sooooo badly to run off with the kids.

No comments: