Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2nd.

Why is it such a struggle to sit down and write. I want to write but it is so much easier to sit and think about about writing than to take the time to sit down and do it. Mainly because I like to be able to multi-task. I believe my MO is to get as much done as possible. Not because I want to have time to do other things, because let's face it, there will always be more to things that seemingly need to be done than there will ever be time to complete them in.  I fall into the trap of "I will do X/fun/enjoyable thing once I get Y/not so enjoyable/chore thing done", but I pretty much have myself convinced that as long as there is something that needs to be done, I will never be able to enjoy doing what I would like to do.  What a waste.

What. A. WASTE!

There was a time when I would get up in the morning and spend at least half an hour doing a Bible study reading. I cannot put into words how beneficial this was for my day. There was nothing more positive that could be done to put my day in a positive light from the get go. It didn't really matter what the reading was about. And even better if it required me to put something into writing. To think and produce thoughtful insight, first thing in the morning, was a beautiful thing. It was nothing like sitting down at the keyboard at 4a.m. and typing up dictation - words form someone else's brain; someone else's product.  No, it has to be mine.

Tomorrow, I wake and write.

No comments: