Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another fresh start

To catch you up, well, January is pretty much done and gone, in memory as well as days. February started out with our annual "business trip" to Miami. Each year I am lucky enough to be able to join Jeff at the Miami International Boat Show where his office hosts a booth to hawk their wares. We look forward to a day on the beach and everyone else looks forward to making fun of our sunburns for the rest of the week. Well the joke was on everyone this year, there was no sun! Or very little of it, and what sun there was wasn't exactly accompanied by sun tanning temperatures. Other than freezing our tookuses off, though, Jeff was able to do some really good business, I was able to keep the booth from burning down or the business from going under for the few instances that I was left alone, and we got to eat a lot of good food. Unfortunately, some of that good food may have been Jeff's undoing in the final days as he picked up some sort of intestinal disturbance which he is still recovering from. For me, the best part was coming home and hearing about how wonderful the kids were. Now, I am not fooled, I know that my kids were apparently no where to be seen, apparently picked up by some unsuspecting aliens or something, but my parents were fooled and I am not one to burst their bubble. Thank you to whoever it was that lent out their doppelgangers for the week.



No comments: