Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mexico (part tres)

These will just be pictures (and comments). I swear.



Yes, I did actually watch them polish these. They were by the entryway though, so I cut them some slack (and then promptly came home and polished mine....)


I think it looks like it was painted this way. The greens were absolutely beautiful. And SOMETHING around there smelled like freshly cut jalapeno. I am sure they thought we were crazy smelling everything trying to find it.  Never did.


This may have been jasmine but almost looked like an orchid of some sort.


YAY!! My favorite, Plumeria!

Okay, I know they sell these here and I think I remember killing quite a few of them as house plants....They were HUGE down there. This is literally the size of a giant hydrangea blossom.

Jasmine.


Plumeria. If they hadn't been so few and far between I would have picked them all!


I think it is a Bird of Paradise.

Okay, so much for the Flora. Now onto the Fauna...



This is a turtle trail up to it's nest.  We would see these every morning on the beach. Sometimes they would leave two nests, one as a decoy? I need to do some research on this.  Supposedly they had crews that would scour the beaches every morning and relocate the eggs in a safe place.  I never saw that happen but wasn't about to go digging to double check.

Reason Number One why I limited myself to short amounts of time in the surf. He was a good 10-12 inches from tip to - uh, tentacle?

This basically said that due to the presence of lakes and ponds on the property, that there was a chance you would see a crocodile and you shouldn't feed or "disturb" them. We never saw one but not because we weren't looking!

Caught this guy sunning himself, he was one of many we saw just kinda hanging out.


See the duck in the tree? Yes.  A duck.



Reason Number Two why I limited my time in the surf....keep in mind a good portion of him is in the sand going after his dinner.**shiver***


And back to flora....
Sure beats the pine needles we get in our pools around here....




Forgot this one in the Fauna section. Another Iguana, he raced out of the green bush at the bottom of the tree, thus his bright hue.




There were a bunch of hidden little grottoes like this off the beaten path. Kind of weird, because you literally had to climb through the bushes to get to them, but they were obviously groomed and mowed and such. They were super pretty, if not a bit too humid for my taste. Several had high rocks that the plants literally cascaded down. Idyllic site for a small wedding party or something.

No comments: