Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slush Day

(NOTE: I have not forgotten to load the baptism, Jim. I am simply waiting on a few more pictures....hint, hint)

My kids have been in front of the Wii now for about three hours and I have strangely mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, since we got two more controllers for Christmas (Thank you Aunt Katherine and Uncle Kevin), they are playing together rather nicely, even after such a long period of time.  On the other hand, they have been playing video games for THREE HOURS.  Granted, they are not allowed to sit while playing, but I don't see a whole lot of cardio going on while playing MarioKart. 

We actually got some snow last night. Very pretty stuff, light and sparkly in the porch light. It kept snowing until about midnight (I know this because I was up), and then started to rain around 2ish (again, I know this because I was up).  Around 3:30 a.m. the electricity went out! I know this because when it went out the air cleaner we have in our bedroom to mask the cat noises in the rest of the house, went eerily silent, just in time for the cats to get into full gear, clawing at the door and calling sweetly "Yoooo Hoooooo!!!". The only good part about this was that I figured I wouldn't have to get up to go to work since no electricity means no computer. However, at about 4:30 the snow started falling out of the limbs of the trees above our bedroom, hitting the roof like bombs!  I was determined enough to stay in bed until 5:59 and then got up. Sigh.

Within an hour, all four kids were up and ready to go, rain or not, this is probably the best snow fort snow they are going to see this year....

Though it looks like she is making snow angels, she is honestly just laying there seeing how long it takes for snow to soak through her  new "snoveralls".  Genius.

Yes, it was that early.

Note the pinnacles on the edge of the fort walls....

Lydia probably has the most strategically located snow "house".

No idea what this is, but it's cute!
So now we have done laundry, vacuumed rooms, done a puppet show, had lunch, played too much Wii and I am about ready for a nap before we move on to the movie of the day (Princess Bride! WOOOHOOO!!!)  Not bad for a snow day, but I fully expect to have had my two allotted adult beverages before I even begin to consider dinner....

No comments: